Michele Nickels, N.D. – Milwaukee Bioidentical Hormones Specialist
Milwaukee Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Michele Nickels, N.D. at Integrative Family Wellness Center is on a mission to provide her patients with team based health services that combine traditional medicine with complementary treatments in a modern setting emphasizing integrative medical treatment modalities.
Her goal is to help inform men and women about their options so that they can make the choice that’s best for them. Hormonal balance is a dynamic equilibrium that shifts from day to day, week to week, and through the years.
The great majority of men and women can rebalance their hormones without the use of drugs. I have found that about 85% can find relief through an approach that combines medical-grade nutritional supplements, gentle endocrine support, dietary and lifestyle changes, and Bioidentical Hormones.
Michele Nickels, N.D. recommends that every patient start with this combination approach as a foundation of health.
As a Milwaukee Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Michele Nickels, N.D. does not recommend that any hormones be used long-term unless essential for symptom relief, and then only with a complete risk assessment.
When you give your body the support it needs, it can reset itself because it’s equipped and programmed for balance and wellness. So Dr. Nickels recommends beginning with the gentlest form of support possible to allay your discomfort and tweaking it as you go.
Naturopathic Doctor Nickels supports patients in any way that she can, each step of the way. The good news is that you can feel incredibly well right through menopause and andropause.
The Basic Principles of Integrative Medicine:
- To understand the importance of creating a partnership between patient and practitioner.
- To believe in the intrinsic nature of healing and make use of treatments that activate, unblock and support this process.
- To address all factors that influence a person’s health, wellness and disease, including the mind, emotions, spirit and community, as well as the physical body.
- To recognize that good medicine should be based on good science, be inquiry driven and open to new ways of thinking.
- To emphasize the use of natural, less invasive interventions whenever possible, utilizing the broader concepts of health promotion and prevention of illness.
- To teach practitioners to be models of health and healing who are committed to the process of self-exploration and development.
- To promote healing by integrating all available treatment options, both in traditional medicine and alternative medicine.
In her practice, Milwaukee Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Michele Nickels, N.D. has had the greatest success with an individualized approach. She begins with laboratory tests of hormone levels or a “hormone panel”. When warranted, she then prescribes a precise dosage of Bioidentical estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, or DHEA that is made up at a compounding pharmacy.
Each patient is then monitored carefully through regular follow-up hormone panels to ensure they get symptom relief at the lowest possible dosage. In the initial stages, Naturopathic Doctor Nickels will do a hormone panel every two to three months. Once balance is restored, she will do one panel a year at the time of the annual exam.